Our ethos and values
At Henley Rowing Club we pride ourselves on the friendly and welcoming atmosphere that our members create. We believe that to achieve this the club must work together, be respectful of each individual regardless of age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity. The Club will therefore expect its members, coaches, associated individuals, and athletes to behave in a way that portrays the ethos and values of Henley Rowing Club, as well as the positive attributes of British Rowing. Failure to do so will result in the implementation of the disciplinary procedure and persistent deviation will result in dismissal from the club (see complaints and disciplines policy and procedure).
Guidance and Policy Documents
HRC Charity Constitution– following adoption of Resolution to change to Charitable Incorporated Organisation effective 1 September 2018 (approved by members vote at Captain’s meeting and EGM 24 July 2018).
The club has prepared policies and guidance documents help us follow the highest standards of best practice. This includes a Code of Conduct based on the British Rowing model, which is applicable for all members, parents and coaches. Please note, whilst the examples given in this document are extensive they are by no means exhaustive, persons must use their own judgement in whether unspecified actions are in keeping with the spirit of the sport, the Henley Rowing Club ethos and with the expectations set out by British Rowing.
Henley Rowing Club has in place a Data Protection Statement approved for ClubHub April 2019 for the control of personal data collected for members and for parents/carers for junior members.
By continuing to purchase membership of Henley Rowing Club from 1 September 2019 (via British Rowing ClubHub) you confirm that you
- have read, understood and agreed to Club policies which are located here on the website, including, but not limited to:
- Selection Policy 2016 rev
- SELECTION POLICY JUNIOR BOYS SQUADS
- Henley Rowing Club Junior Residential Policy 2018
2. accept that the Club will not be held responsible for any loss of belongings.
3. accept that in addition to membership fees, charges as incurred will be made for events, boat transport, accommodation etc in which you participate, and that payment is required in advance of the event.
4. agree that Henley Rowing club may take photographs and videos of me which may be used in and around the Club and used to celebrate success and promote the activities of the Club through publication in newsletters, the website, in publicity relating to the Club and in public media and that names may be used in captions or articles associated with the images.
5. agree to keep my ClubHub membership details up to date, including contact information, emergency details and medical information. In the case of a junior member, I agree to advise my coach of any changes in my medication.
6. understand that Henley Rowing Club is run by volunteers and I am willing to volunteer to help within the club and at club events.
If you are not able to agree to any of these conditions of membership, please contact the membership secretary to discuss prior to purchasing membership
Additional guidance and statements – for information: